Practicing Creativity

Journal Chansonnier des Sections Romandes du Club Alpin Suisse

Something I enjoy doing is rescuing old books – like this songbook from 1909 containing Swiss songs about the Alps.  Its cover is what initially attracted me.  The book itself was in very sad shape – pages were loose, the binding broken.  I took it apart and reworked it.  I adhered new decorative paper to the inside and back covers, kept some of the original pages, added lined paper for notes and blank paper for sketches or photos, plus a pocket at the back.  I brushed on a light coat of varnish to the front and back covers (to protect and seal), then bound it with my Zutter Bind-it-all.




I was happy to give this book a new life.  It was a fitting birthday present for a cousin in the States who has family origins in Switzerland. 

No comments

Post a Comment

Pursuant to EU Data Protection and privacy legislation GDPR, by commenting here you agree that your name and comment are visible to all Paperesse.com blog visitors and thereby consent to the use of your personal information for that specific purpose.

Thank you for your comment.

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig