Practicing Creativity

An apple a day...Birthday that is!


Today is my mother's birthday! She has a thing for apples so I wanted to make her a birthday card with an apple theme. I've had this apple card base a few months now. It came with a magazine I bought. But, it was very new looking, know what I mean? And just wasn't my style.


I decided to use it as a base for something a bit more me. This card is now covered (literally) in vintage goodness. The paper I used to camouflage the base was a torn sheet I had from a 1911 news journal, the center image is a scanned copy of an old German game card and the button is a vintage original.

Material

Papervintage papers, images, cardstock
StampsInspried by Stamping Fancy Circles
InkVersafine black
Dies/punchesFiskars border punch, flower punch, Artemio flower die
Embellishmentsribbon, pearl, twine

5 comments

  1. How DARLING! You've turned modern into Shani through and through!! Love the gingham touches throughout and that wonderful vintage apple image, not to mention the layered borders and the beautiful touches of ribbon and twine texture. And I'm a complete sucker for vintage buttons. Beautiful card, and your mother is sure to be delighted with it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is unique, full of your own brand of shabby chic goodness, and something very personal for your mother. Bet it becomes one of her favorite cards from you! I like that apple image.

    How neat we both featured apple cards at the same time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun is that?!?!? Love your touches to the card and the bite.

    ReplyDelete
  4. J'adore cette création :) personnalisée pour ta Maman. On y retrouve beaucoup d'amour :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. J'adore cette création :) personnalisée pour ta Maman. On y retrouve beaucoup d'amour :)

    ReplyDelete

Pursuant to EU Data Protection and privacy legislation GDPR, by commenting here you agree that your name and comment are visible to all Paperesse.com blog visitors and thereby consent to the use of your personal information for that specific purpose.

Thank you for your comment.

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig